The European Marketing Academy (EMAC) is organizing the 5th Job Market Simulation.
The goal of this workshop is helping students who are seeking a tenure-track position in marketing at a business school that recruits in the summer/fall of 2023.
The workshop will be held on May 23 from 5-8 p.m. in Odense, Denmark. It will run immediately after the Doctoral Colloquium (DC). This means that students who are planning to apply for the Doctoral Consortium may also apply for this workshop. However, the admission processes for these two events are independent.
The Job Market Simulation will focus primarily on the research presentation the students are expected to make during their first-round interviews, where participants of the workshop will have the opportunity to present once to a group of professors to practice and get feedback. The workshop will also address several do’s and don’ts of the first-round interviews as well as campus visits.
Student selection criteria:
- Students who are seeking a tenure-track position in marketing at a business school that recruits in the summer/fall of 2023
- Students who are coming from schools that have little or no experience with the job market process (criterion only applies if there are far too many applications)
- One job market paper (completed papers preferred; papers that are nearly complete will also be considered)
- Curriculum Vitae
- One-page motivation letter from the student
- A recommendation letter from the advisor
Submission link: https://www.xcdsystem.com/eiasm/abstract/index.cfm?ID=3Jp8pBV
Submission deadline: March 15, 2023, 12:00 CET
If admitted to the Job Market Simulation, students will be required to register and pay a fee of 50 Euros that covers beverages and the dinner on May 23.
Peter Ebbes (HEC Paris), Jacob Goldenberg (IDC), and Andreas Lanz (HEC Paris)
Questions should be directed to Andreas Lanz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
 Note that first-round interviews are now exclusively through videoconferencing as per the latest AMA guidelines (there is no physical AMA Job Market anymore): https://www.ama.org/2022/04/02/guidelines-marketing-academic-job-market/